Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What to Do


“Joe, What do you feel like doing today?”
“I don’t know, honey. What do you feel like doing?”
I’ve been very busy at work as you may already know. We’ve attended weddings the past two weekends. A day in front of the TV, just relaxing, was at the top of my list of thing I’d like to do. But I know better than to show my cards too early.

“Joe, I have a few ideas. Would you like to hear them?”
“I’m not sure. Will I like your ideas?”
You see what I just did? I answered her question with a question. I used to be corrected all the time for doing that. But I’m not little JoJo any more. I’m setting her up to re-think her ideas before she expects me to answer. Hopefully she will not end up suggesting the things she knows I don’t care to do.

“Joe, stop answering my question with a question. Hasn’t anyone ever taught you not to do that? Now, I would really like to get those blinds hung in the bedroom.”
Crap! … not those stupid blinds. I hate this shit. I’d have to use a ladder, use friggin’ screwdrivers … I’ll have to make holes for screws so I’ll need that pointy thing … I’ll have to struggle because all the work is up high … so I know my arms will get tired … I'll have to measure stuff … line things up … I always screw these projects up and then have to do it over and over again … never getting it right … settling for a half ass job because I don’t know what I’m doing. And did I really type s-h-i-t? I need to turn this around. Ive got to come up with something quick.

“Hon, it’s nice out. How about going one last time to the beach before it gets too cold?”
“Hmmmm? Yes, that's a good idea, Joe. We can go for a nice long walk.”
Long walk? I was thinking more like lounging by the water … doing the Sunday crossword … napping … that kind of day at the beach. Jeez, doesn’t she remember the open bar at the wedding and all those rum and cokes? I need to recuperate not exercise.

“Sweetheart, how about we catch up on some shows that we DVR’ed?”
“Joe, how about we catch up on the laundry?”
“Honey bunch, why don’t we relax and later go out for dinner?”
“Joe, why don't we go food shopping and then cook something?”
“Sugerplum, we can go for a drive.”
“Joe, my love, we can clean the house.”
“Baby doll, we could cuddle on the couch.”
“Cuddle? That's a great idea! And ... you can watch football.”
“Muffin, We can … huh? … What? … Cuddle and football?”
“Yes Joe ... After I help you put up the blinds.”
“And we can order pizza too?”
“If we get them both up without you breaking anything.”
Damn she’s good!

13 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

Dude, she did the bait and switch on you, not the other way around. :)

She threw in football, pizza and couch and you were in her trap.

Ken Duck Geraths said...

OMG!!. She is good! LMAO.
It was wellworth the wait.

Mike said...

You fell for the old "bait and switch" routine. Should have seen it coming...

Anonymous said...

You guys are adorable! Absolutely adorable!

Frogs in my formula said...

Congratulations Joe! Um, I gave you a ‘Brilliant Weblog’ award b/c someone gave it to me.

If you choose...you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’.

Don't you feel pretty?

Practically Joe said...

MI: "She threw in football, pizza and couch and you were in her trap."
ME: She's tricky and I'm easy.

Ken: "OMG!!. She is good! LMAO.
It was well worth the wait."

Me: I'm glad you hung in there ... it worked out for me too.

Mike: "You fell for the old "bait and switch" routine. Should have seen it coming..."
Me: It ain't fair! She knows me too well.

catscratch: "You guys are adorable! Absolutely adorable!"
me: You're adorable too.

Frogs: "Congratulations Joe! Um, I gave you a ‘Brilliant Weblog’ award ... Don't you feel pretty?"
Me: Well thank you so much for the award. I do feel pretty ... pretty lucky to have a reader like you.

Anonymous said...

ha - winners all round!

Utter Basketcase said...

hahahah she rocks!!!
And MAN that pic is awesome!!! xx

Bogart said...

She is way good.

Ed & Jeanne said...

As Yoda would say: Once you go after the female side, forever will they control your destiny...

just a girl... said...

omg x2 your wife cracks me the fuck up. You need to let her do a post she is too funny.

Suburban Correspondent said...

She is!

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/georgia/Atlanta/Chicago%20Pizza/30350/

Find your best pizza.